Because of course Lucy Liu took time off from her busy schedule of separating people from their heads to feed a random bunny
I have incorrectly been saying ‘burqa’ when I meant ‘niqab’ for maybe my whole life.
When we live in a world where you can access free content of naked consenting women in less than 5 seconds, why are people still invading the privacy of non-consenting women for nudes?
Hint: It has something to do with people feeling entitled to making any woman their personal porn, even if it violates or humiliates her in the process.
“Stop sending expired food”….”fried chicken 64.99”
IQALUIT, Nunavut — A head of cabbage for $20. Fifteen bucks for a small bag of apples.
A case of ginger ale: $82.
Fed up and frustrated by sky-high food prices and concerned over widespread hunger in their communities, thousands of Inuit have spent weeks posting pictures and price tags from their local grocery stores to a Facebook site called Feed My Family.
WHAT IN THE FUCK? This shit is not okay.
ughhslfkajsdlf gross gross gross
Reblogging for the extra articles.
Also… I might show up to this protest and support them.
Pay attention to this stuff, please, followers who haven’t heard about this! This kind of thing is completely erased in news media.
This is really fucking important.
This is why I don’t respect anyone who blindly supports the anti-sealing protestors. Because for a lot of people, it’s the only affordable option.
It’s not just Iqaluit. In Nain, Labrador this problem has been going on for ages and nobody does anything about it. $47 for a ham and $17 for a block of cheese. In Rigolet, Labrador, a loaf of bread costs $7. Here’s another picture of an Iqaluit food price changing before your very eyes.
The NNCP is starving people, reducing their food choices, and keeping people on EI poor. This is so, so wrong.
How can we help? I joined the group and checked out the website, but I didn’t see anything that can be actively done (other than raising awareness, which, of course, is great).
Excellent question! If you read through the group (which is here, for anyone who missed it), there are people talking about some ways to help.
- Look at the latest news on the Feeding My Family website to see what the priorities are and how you might be able to help.
- If you’re Canadian, call your local MP and ask to discuss this issue and express your concern.
- Look up ways to support putting pressure onto airlines to charge fair rates (a $1000 plane ticket should be from one coast to the other, not a few hundred miles).
- Research and learn what you can about food sustainability. For a start, how about learning square foot/metre (French intensive) gardening or container gardening and starting to practice it yourself? Share these techniques with friends and family. Get good at it so you can teach them to others who have poor food security in your own area.
- For the love of God, stop signing “anti-sealing”/”anti-hunting” petitions and supporting Greenpeace’s actions without understanding the complicated, nuanced situation in the North.
- Watch the FB group, because people there mention direct donations and ways to help the organizations actually on the ground there.
- For example, one person is starting up a donation project/fundraiser.
- Look at what organizations like FoodShare are doing and support them.
There is so much to be done. Sharing news articles and stories, lists of resources, donation and fundraising pages, and knowledge about food security is critical, but there’s a lot more work of all sorts.
tumblr you can keep your glorified nostalgia about the wild thornberries and tony hawk’s pro skater and getting to hold the flea-ridden stuffed lion during the d.a.r.e program and what have you because THIS right here. now THIS was the essence of the 90s
YOU’LL CALL NOW
oh man it took me literally 2 seconds of this video to remember exactly how the rest of it went
I hated this commercial. Turns out I still hate it.
OH MY GOD THIS DAMN COMMERCIAL
I CAN’T FUCKING STOP LAUGHING its as awful as i remembered it
i cant quite explain this commercial and how it came back to me like
i couldnt remember the exact words by heart but. everything they said chimed in my head like a song i’d heard a long time ago. it was almost rhythmic, buried deep in my memory. it was probably the most bizarre way ive ever remembered something.
- Ferguson protestors plan to halt highway traffic on Labor Day (x)
- At least 6 other Ferguson officers have been named in lawsuits alleging the use of excessive force
- Why taxpayers will get stuck with the bill for the Ferguson lawsuit
- Ferguson isn’t about black rage against cops. It’s white rage against progress.
- Between the world and Ferguson
- Teaching and talking about police violence
the “government denies knowledge” text during the x-files opening sequence is hilarious to me
knowledge of what? oh, just knowledge. in general.
Cartoon Bully Stereotype Collection